Mandates for Dzongkhag Statistical Officers
- Collect data and update them at regular intervals in the Dzongkhags and maintain a comprehensive Dzongkhag statistical database.
- Compile and produce reports and publication of “Dzongkhag Statistical Profile”.
- In collaboration with the NSB to coordinate and control statistical activities at the Dzongkhag and Gewog levels.
- Focal point for dissemination of Dzongkhag/Gewog level information.
- Coordination, Collection and Compilation of primary data collection in Dzongkhags.
- Prepare statistical work plan and budget for statistical activities in Dzongkhags and Gewogs.
- Validate, assure sound definitions, concepts and classifications for statistical surveys and data collection.
- Coordinate with the Dzongkhag Sector Officials in generating information.
- Provide technical assistance to Dzongkhag Sectors and Gewogs.
- Ensure timely collection of data at the Dzongkhag level.
- To ensure availability of timely, relevant and reliable data/information at the Dzongkhag level [APA 2016-2017, signed between HPM & Dasho Dzongdag]